Travel and Parking Tips
We would like to offer some important travel and parking tips as you plan your to attend Georgetown University's Commencement ceremonies.
Tips for Travel
- We urge you to consider taking a taxi from your hotel to campus due to limited parking. Drop-offs at 35th & N, O or P Streets, NW or Reservoir Road & 38th Streets, NW will avoid unnecessary congestion.
- Rainsite information will be available at all vehicle entrances, on our web site and at the University Weather Line 202-687-7669.
- Campus Maps will be available on campus at the Program Tent and will be posted on our web site for printing.
Tips for Parking
Parking for graduation will require patience and a little planning prior to arrival.
- All Georgetown University Hospital (MedStar) parking during Commencement is at the regular daily rate. You WILL be charged full prices if you park in one of the Hospital lots. Current rate is $25.00 per day.
Below is information to help you get to and from Commencement activities:
Thursday: On-campus parking will be extremely limited. Guests are encouraged to take Metro and transfer to free Georgetown University shuttles (GUTS) at either Dupont Circle (Red Line) or Rosslyn (Blue/Orange Line). GUTS schedules and maps can be found at the OTM website. You may also take taxis to and from campus, and a taxi stand is located adjacent to the Leavey Conference Center entrance. Guest parking will be available in the Southwest Garage, accessible via Canal Road. After striped spaces are full, attendants will valet park cars.
Friday: Again, on-campus parking will be extremely limited, and as noted above, the use of Metro/GUTS buses or taxis is strongly encouraged. Please allow plenty of time for parking and shuttle transportation. Attendants will valet park in the Southwest Garage after striped spaces are full. When on-campus space runs out, cars will be directed to free parking at the Harris Building, located at 3300 Whitehaven Street NW, just off Wisconsin Avenue near the Safeway. The Harris building is a 10-minute drive from campus. There, parking attendants will help direct you to spaces. If those spaces fill up, attendants will valet park cars. Free shuttle buses will provide transportation to and from the Harris building between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm. You must retrieve your car from the Harris building by 7:00 pm on Friday night. The Harris Garage will be closed and unavailable on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday and Sunday: Guest parking will be available in the Southwest Garage.
Guests with Disabilities
- Free handi-cap accessible shuttle buses will be available to move people from the parking facilities that are not as close to the graduation site.
- Complimentary wheelchairs will be available at Healy Circle. If you would like to make a reservation in advance, please contact your student's Dean's office to arrange for one as well as to request reserved wheelchair seating. If you choose not to reserve, please keep in mind that wheelchairs will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Thank you in advance for helping us to make your graduate's day memorable.